CEB Environmental Statement
The CEB has a specific mandate to contribute to socially and environmentally sustainable development, and a duty to conduct its operations accordingly. This ‘Environmental Statement’ formalises the CEB’s commitment to minimising its own environmental footprint and sets out a framework for related action.
The CEB is committed to reducing the environmental impact of its internal business activities.
Specifically, the CEB seeks to limit its overall greenhouse gas emission and improve its environmental performance, through:
- Enhancing the energy efficiency of heating and cooling systems at the CEB’s premises.
- Assessing the impact of business travel and staff commuting and minimising the related environmental impact.
- Improving waste reduction and management.
- Further reducing consumption of office supplies, paper, plastic and water.
- Enhancing environmental and social considerations in procurement decisions for its own operational needs.
- Compensating for carbon emissions from operations that cannot be avoided, e.g. travel, heating, electricity.
- Promoting awareness among staff and encouraging volunteering and engagement on sustainability matters.
The Bank’s internal environmental performance is monitored and publicly reported at least once a year, through the CEB’s annual Corporate Social Responsibility Report, including its Global Reporting Initiative index.
This Environmental Statement is complementary to the CEB’s Environmental and Social Safeguards Policy, which guides CEB project financing activities on sustainability matters.
The CEB Environmental Statement is published on the Bank’s website. It is also communicated to CEB staff and external contractors/suppliers.
Paris, 26 July 2019