How to apply to our current opportunities
1. Who can apply?
In order to be able to apply for one of our vacancies, you must satisfy some basic requirements.
- You must be a national of one of the Bank’s member states
- You must have perfect command of one of our two official languages, French and English, and have a good working knowledge of the second. Knowledge of any other European language will be a great asset.
2. How do we recruit?
One of the basic foundations of our entire recruitment process is our framework of rules on equal opportunities. We aim to ensure gender balance both in terms of overall representation, and within categories and pay grades.
The steps in our recruitment process are illustrated below and while on average this process takes 3 months, each individual vacancy will have its own timeline. We will keep you informed of next steps as you go through this process.
Due to the very large number of applications we receive, the CEB can only accept applications for advertised vacancies. Unsolicited applications will therefore not be taken into account.
Candidates who are not offered a position at the end of our recruitment process may be put on a reserve list, valid for two years. We would encourage you to apply again directly online if your profile matches another of our advertised positions. Keeping yourself informed through our social networks is also highly recommended (See below 'Connect with us') as is checking our Current Opportunities web page and international press employment sections.
3. What type of contract does the CEB offer?
Your employment conditions and status at the Bank will depend on the type of contract we offer you.
For all contracts, general conditions of employment for permanent staff can be found in our Staff Regulations document.
Overall, you will join us under one of the following employment contracts:
- Fixed Term contract: Initial appointments are made in principle for a fixed-term duration of four years and no less than one year with one year probation and the possibility of renewal. Conversion to open-ended contracts is subject to conditions.
- Temporary contract: up to a maximum of a combined 9 months in any calendar year.
- Internship programme: 3 or 6 month duration with possible extension up to a maximum of 9 months.
4. How to apply?
Once you have decided you want to apply, you must submit your application through our online recruitment site.
Applications may be drawn up in either French or English. Applications submitted in any other language will not be considered.